Gmail for mobile 2.0

I don't own a smart phone, though I desire to acquire a 3G iPhone, I use a Nokia 6080b which is out-fitted with Gmail's mobile java application - version 1.5. It's one of the many Google products I use. However, I'm elated with the release of Gmail for mobile 2.0.

I have no desire whatsoever to own a Blackberry but with Gmail for mobile I can be more productive while on the road and version 2.0 has features I'm sure I'll benefit from.

What's New in version 2.0
Google has improved the application making it faster, adding support for multiple accounts, allowing multiple drafts to be saved and even offline support - so you can check your most recent mail and send messages in your outbox as soon as you connect.

Version 1.5 of Gmail for mobile was 356.7 KB, worked on phones supporting Java (J2ME /MIDP 2.0) and having a Symbian OS. The latest version does the same however ans is only 500 KB.

To install the application go to m.google.com/mail on your mobile device and follow the instruction.

Watch the video below to learn more about the application!


* FYI - Won't work unless you are on a Data Plan. Contact your service provider if uncertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment