Tip: What's the Score?

A few years ago I did a workshop with a videographer David Ho, of Minds Eye Studios, and ever since then I’ve been dabbling with videography. One of the things David said in the workshop was that we should watch commercials, occasionally, with the sound off. The point of this exercise was to examine if the footage, we see regularly, was strong enough to convey a message on its own. You should try it and let me know what you think…?!?!

Anyway ...! On the flip side choosing the write score for your video can either detract from or enhance your footage. I remember shooting some test footage with a Canon HV30, which I posted and one comment said, in jest, that “...Foliage never before seemed so dramatic...”. Lets take a look!




I used royalty free music from AudioJungle for that specific video. However, I found lots more through an episode of Film Riot, which elaborated on this very point...



Should I say anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment